0%
Loading ...

War Fears Mount as US Prepares for Possible Weeks-Long Operation Against Iran

Tensions between the United States and Iran are escalating, raising growing fears of war. In a striking report, Reuters said the US military is preparing for a potential weeks-long operation targeting Iran. Two unnamed US officials told the news agency that American forces are ready to launch action immediately if President Donald Trump gives the order.

The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the planning, warned that disclosure could jeopardize ongoing diplomatic efforts between Washington and Tehran.

Last week, US and Iranian diplomats met in Oman to revive talks over Tehran’s nuclear program. However, President Trump has repeatedly threatened military strikes against Iran in recent months. Speaking to troops at a base in North Carolina, he said reaching a deal with Iran had become increasingly difficult, adding, “Sometimes you have to instill fear. That’s the only thing that will resolve the situation.”

US officials said on Friday that the Pentagon is deploying additional aircraft carriers, thousands of troops, fighter jets, guided-missile destroyers and other military assets to the Middle East. Last year, during strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities, Washington sent two aircraft carriers to the region. In June, the operation dubbed “Midnight Hammer” involved stealth bombers flying from the US to hit Iranian nuclear sites.

According to the two officials, the current planning is far more complex. One official indicated that potential targets may extend beyond nuclear facilities to include Iranian state and security infrastructure, though no further details were provided.

Military experts caution that such an operation would carry significant risks for US forces, noting Iran’s vast missile arsenal. They warn that retaliatory strikes by Tehran could spark a broader regional conflict. One US official acknowledged that Washington fully expects Iranian retaliation in the event of an attack.

Meanwhile, Iran’s Revolutionary Guard has warned that any strike on Iranian territory would be met with retaliatory attacks on US bases.

Amid the heightened tensions, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met President Trump in Washington on Wednesday, further fueling speculation about potential coordinated action in the region.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Discover more from Gonotaar

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading